Saturday, February 19, 2011

Grace's Recovery, Day 6

Well, I was going to write this last night, but apparently Scottie's homework was on my laptop so he needed it.  By the time he was done, I was sound asleep.  Oh yeah, did I mention we're home??

The girl is back.  Yesterday morning in the hospital I told her I needed to go to the cafeteria to get food.  "Why Mama?"  "Because I'm hungry."  "Well, get over it!"  I had to laugh.

Hemaglobin and crit continue to rise, and she's healing nicely.  All the incisions look good.  She has horrible bruising on her hips, but she seems to be only dealing with moderate and well controlled pain.  The car ride home yesterday was not comfortable for her at all. (Can someone PLEASE finish the construction on the Blue route??)  But once she got home she was sitting up on the couch with her legs straight out in front of her.  And, she laughed.  Hard.  I was trying to listen to her belly and Ted kept making goofy noises, and she just cracked up.  Laughed until her belly hurt, then laughed again.  Best. Sound. Ever.

Today she's doing good.  Slept 9 hours uninterrupted, and is now sitting with me on the couch watching Game Show Network.  (Don't ask...there's no explanation.)

It's a good day. :)

xoxo

K & G

No comments:

Post a Comment